In needs of a Business Analyst/Trainer.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
• Communicate requirements for the implementation of new functionality and provide workshop and written material that explains system functionality.
• Serve as a liaison between the Financial Management System project and City agencies, ensuring agency concerns and issues are handled professionally and expediently.
• Identify and communicate agency concerns and issues to the Team Leader and determine how they should be addressed for follow up conversations.
• Plan, track, and report status of agency readiness for the deployment of accounting, budgeting, and procurement functionalities.
• Work extensively with agency primary contacts to provide overall assistance to agencies in areas such as agency readiness planning, issue resolution, and communicating system functionality enhancements.
• Provide post-deployment support, including assisting the Call Center with answering, logging, and following up on calls.
• Conduct user assistance sessions as needed.
• Write announcements and other communications.
• Perform other special assignments as needed including: providing assistance, direction, and follow up activities for oversight and line agencies in completing functions for business events conducted throughout the year.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for content of courseware training materials and then author courseware training materials.
• Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for Computer Based Training and then develop the CBT / eLearning materials.
Occasional travel within the 5 NYC boroughs is required during business hours.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate IT/financial systems functionality into simple yet effective communications for end users.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to coordinate activities from end-ta-end with periodic guidance and input from management and/or teammates.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, quickly and independently resolve problems, while under tight deadlines and while maintaining a positive and professional working relationship with all project participants.
• Basic knowledge of project planning, managing, organizing and status reporting.
• Ability to speak in front of a user group and clearly describe how business functions and exception process / usage scenarios are executed
• Knowledge of some or all of the following: Accounting, VENDEX, IFA, Payee Information Portal (PIP)
• Experience developing courseware training materials.
• Deep experience using CBT / eLearning with Captivate.
• Experience conducting presentations for audiences of at minimum 50 people,
• Experience in a writing, communication position, or training position for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation
• Demonstrated experience with Completed SDLC implementations in a communication and/or training position within the prior years for a large system implementation (ERP implementation preferred).
Job Status: Full Time