Internal Operations is a customer-focused team of business, data, and technical experts managing the, Operational/BI Reporting, Data-Warehousing, Master Data Management (MDM), Financial Settlement and other data-centric applications for NetSpend, one of the leading prepaid card providers in United States.
This position is responsible for the full life cycle of various internal (back-office) systems from requirements gathering and analysis all the way through to implementation of the production system. This individual will provide support in all aspects of development- and testing-associated activities around integration, extension, and customization. The candidate must be a team player and technical expert who can contribute to and coach a team to help deliver secure, scalable, and robust business applications.
This is an 8-member, Agile team that takes care of development and production support for various packaged & COTS applications. It supports financial transfers between external partners as well as ensuring that these transfers are recognized in our Netspend accounting system. Along with regular production support, the team is focused on enhancing the platform's scalability and availability, striving to anticipate growth and improve all levels of service.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity, and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
- Responsible for software development in various technology frameworks, focusing on solutions that increase stability, scalability, redundancy and flexibility in our systems
- Participates with hands-on software development around new feature and fixing critical bugs
- Takes the initiative to recommend and enact continuous improvements in the product, process, and work environment; collaborates with core engineering and data-infrastructure teams to help recommend short-, mid-, and long-term solutions
- Adheres to current documentation standards and owns/produces necessary documentation for training and compliance
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications primarily using Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL) and Data-Integration/ETL technologies; and optionally using Java (J2EE)
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements
- Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with Oracle Database-centric applications development. Must be capable of analyzing code issues and conducting code reviews
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience working on applications with large data volume of data
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience working in Java and Unix/Linux environments
- Some experience with ETL Tools (OWB, Talend, Informatica, or DataStage) required
- Some working knowledge of building Big-Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig) is preferred
- Experience with Dev-Ops (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) is a plus
- Atlassian Suite experience, i.e., JIRA and Confluence highly desirable
- Demonstration of analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to appropriately convey a strong sense of confidence and professionalism
- Highly self-directed in the ability to plan, prioritize, lead, and organize work
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment with fast pace and constant change in order to meet multiple goals and objectives; must thrive in an interruption-driven world
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- As provided in NetSpend Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
•5+ years’ hands-on experience with Oracle Database-centric applications development. Must be capable of analyzing code issues and conducting code reviews •3+ years’ hands-on experience working on applications with large data volume of data •Ability to write complex SQL queries and Oracle PL/SQL •Experience working in Java and Unix/Linux environments
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Agile environment, community involvement
Job Status: Full Time