Director of Purchasing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced manufacturing environment with a high degree ofemphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction and quality/GMP or IS09001 compliance e Experience with ERP systems and working knowledge of MRP or other planning systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively as required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong follow-up, follow through, organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop a team that performs at an increasing level of performance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Business; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant Purchasing/Supply Chain experience with 3-5 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of the ftmctions of plant, distribution, production, procurement, quality, planning processes, inventory management and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high mix environment
- Experience sourcing components and/or raw materials (chemicals) in the cosmetic, health care, pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods
- Must have experience with ERP manufacturing systems and working knowledge ofMRP.
- MS Office proficiency, including strong MS Excel analysis skills. Good telephone and email communication skills.