Engineer III, Controls
Control Software Engineer III
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of complex robotic control computer programs for hospital pharmacy robotics applications.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of complex applications using current programming language and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interfaces with cross functional team members / users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Creates test scenarios and uses advanced troubleshooting techniques (root cause analysis) to evaluate complex problems with newly developed or existing software solutions.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Mentoring of associate / intern level software developers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of software development environments, tools and processes.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented software development throughout the full product life cycle.
- Able to work independently on complex product level assignments with minimal supervision. Capable of making decisions with minimal review. Able to complete assignments on time.
- Intermediate understanding and experience in systems engineering
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- 4 year degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience developing software for PC-based applications in Visual C++ (or C#) and Visual Studio .NET 2013 (or 2015) with .NET Framework 4.5
- Experience with applications using Microsoft SQL Server or similar database applications
- Experience working with vision technologies
- Experience with software development for electro-mechanical (robotic) systems
- Experience with and understanding of motion control systems
- Experience with real-time control systems and/or order processing systems
Job Status: Full Time