Engineer V, Software
Engineer V, Software
The Software Engineer V will lead a team of software developers to research, design, develop and validate new systems and solutions that are crucial to the organizational objectives. This person will develop creative and achievable solutions for complex problems while focused on key project milestones and deliverables. As a mentor of the team, this person is expected to train and grow the skill set of the team members. As a technology leader, the team will look up to this person to drive the adoption of new software development strategy and process. In addition, this person will work hand in hand with cross functional teams from product definition to launch.
- Create and maintain frameworks for client products
- Design and implement creative solutions to unusually complex systems
- Collaborate with product owners and other application developers to design, code, and maintain high quality applications against established processes in a scrum team setting
- Work closely with the project management team to define and track project milestones
- Maintain close communications with parallel development teams to develop and follow product integration standards
- Understand the various hospital workflows that are impacted by products
- Lead new technology investigation and adoption by the development team
- Participate in code reviews and mentoring.
- Be on the forefront of emerging technology trends, evaluating and recommending specific technologies
- Lead software engineers to adhere to software engineering disciplines and drive continuous improvement of product quality
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have successful team lead and development experiences in a rapid growth environment, with proven technical accomplishments, and proven experience developing new products with high reliability to market.
- Demonstrated a track record of successful software implementations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very attentive and have a high standard of product quality and reliability
- Expert level designing architectures for entire system, client, server, web etc.
- Expert level understanding of object oriented software design
- Development knowledge of various communication protocols, FTP, Socket, MSMQ, HTTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 12+ years’ experience in software design/development responsibilities
- At least 5 years’ experience leading software design teams as an Architect
- Expert level understanding of C# and .NET design patterns
- Experiences with product development using WCF and Web API
- Experience in AngularJS, Node JS, IONIC and Electron
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Strongly preferred experiences in leading Agile development process such as Scrum
- Experiences in team building
- Experience in technology transitions of existing product
- Experiences with development of client frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of C++, should be able to read and understand existing C++ application.
Job Status: Full Time