Financial Analyst, Senior
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for supporting the various reporting and analysis needs of the operation regions by acting as a liaison between the operating regions and the Finance departments.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of medical and operating infrastructure of each region’s operations to be able to proactively analyze and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements. Regularly meets and interacts with regional teams or other applicable internal constituencies in reviewing historical operating results and to proactively identify and analyze potential revenue enhancement and cost saving opportunities in the medical and operating expense areas.
- Performs a variety of pro forma financial and operating analyses as requested by regional teams to support potential proposals.
- Generates various reports of financial and operating data as requested by regions or as necessary to assist regions in better understanding issues underlying data requests.
- Works with regions and other applicable Finance departments to effectively analyze sources of significant budget variances and fluctuations in medical and operating expenditures. Meets with regional teams to review results and develop recommendations for necessary follow-up.
- Reviews and understands fluctuations across regions in delivering cost of care of given specialties (supplementing existing specialty cost analysis reporting) and variations in cost of care of key institutional services. Differentiates impact of rate versus utilization variations.
- Performs and executes other financial and operational analyses as requested by Finance or regional management.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of related financial analysis experience.
- 2 to 5 years experience in a medical group or managed care environment.
- Knowledge of SQL, Anaplan, Essbase and Tableau
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
More Information About the Job
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Fast learner: 4-5 years of building financial models willingness to learn new things (learn Anaplan, essbase, SQL). Tight deadlines. MBA, advanced excel, stability.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
SQL, Healthcare industry experience
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Room for growth. Due to the merger with Optum we will become a Fortune 6 company.
Job Status: Full Time