Human Resources Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide HR expertise and assistance to enhance and promote the company’s culture and values. Proactively provide solutions to business issues while supporting the attainment of goals and objectives related to Human Resources, such as: help drive organization efficiency, manage change with a positive approach and assist with establishing Human Resources best practices. Communicate and demonstrate the company culture and foster positive employee relations. Contribute to team success by actively participating as a member of the team to move toward the completion of team goals while ensuring high-quality output.
• Promptly notify management of any issues affecting employees or compromising Company policies and expectations no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job by accurately checking processes and keeping “pulse” on employee environment. Participate with or assist supervisors and managers in employee coaching, disciplinary actions and investigations to assure fairness, consistency and adherence to Company policies. Act as a resource for all plant personnel on policies and procedures related to Human Resources and benefits. Conduct thorough investigations, consulting with Regional and Plant management with resulting outcomes and conclusion and provided feedback and/or corrective actions as necessary. Take positive action to resolve the conflict in a way that addresses the issue, dissipates the conflict and maintains the relationship. Use appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between people. Ensure legal compliance with all state and federal regulations in all areas of Human Resources (i.e. Compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, recruitment, labor relations, etc.). Interpret and apply company policies and practices consistently while considering the mutual best interests of the employee, management and Company.
• Oversee the internal job posting process for compliance and fairness purposes. Assist with external recruitment (creating ads, requesting background checks, screening applications, conducting interviews, maintaining logs, paperwork and ensure Affirmative Action compliance). Participate in the interview process and actively identify candidates that are a “good fit” for the organization. Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation with support of plant supervision and management. Review/revise job descriptions annually, when changes to job duties occur or when positions become vacant.
• Oversee the COBRA, FMLA/CFRA/STD process. Perform relative duties in the company’s HRIS and Kronos, maintain the Attendance Tracker system and the personnel files in accordance with retention requirements. Manage the annual open enrollment process. Assist employees with questions or problem resolution. Respond to requests for unemployment benefit/wage verifications. Proactively administer Workers’ Compensation claims to include claims reporting to the carrier; acting as a liaison between the employee, medical providers and the carrier; and ensuring status follow-up on claims by communicating appropriate information to managers and supervisors.
• Assist with safety duties as required such as assisting with incident investigations (i.e. Root Cause Analysis (RCAs)) and participate in the plant’s safety committee meetings.
• Communicate and demonstrate the Company culture and foster positive employee relations. Lead change initiatives with a positive approach. Remain approachable and visible to employees always and assist as needed. Conduct plant walkthroughs regularly to be accessible to employees in the plant. Use good listening skills, feedback tools and follow-up to influence, coach and assist others. Coordinate/participate on plant committees to plan employee functions and activities (i.e. Picnics, holiday luncheons, etc.). Coordinate promote and conduct employee meetings with plant management. Seek opportunities to develop collaborative working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals.
• Design, develop, and prepare presentation and training materials to rollout new/updated employee training programs, policies and recognition awards while consulting with Regional and Plant management to enhance employee growth and awareness of labor laws and Company expectations.
• Accomplish various administrative duties related to Human Resources such as maintaining organized personnel files with respect to record retention and filing guidelines and personal (HR) office.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned. Perform project work in all areas as required. Assist in internal and external audits of Human Resources processes.
• Values that align with the company’s culture: Efficiency through Simplicity, Family Environment, Ownership and Commitment, Hands-on Approach, Passion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business or related field and a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources management experience in a dairy/food processing environment or the equivalent in training, experience and education. HR certification and/or SHRM membership preferred. Previous Health & Safety experience is an asset.
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint required along with previous HRIS/KRONOS experience.
• Detail oriented, organized, efficient, approachable, friendly, customer service-oriented.
• Professional, maintains confidentiality, energetic, team player, creative with initiative.
• Reliable, consistent attendance and available to work on all shifts, overtime or holidays as required to resolve issues and/or evaluate employee environment.
• Strong communication ability (i.e. verbal & written). Bilingual in Spanish is an asset.