Information & Communications Specialist
This position serves as a Communications Specialist and will report to the Communications Director is responsible for working with various component parts on programs, initiatives, projects, etc., to provide information to internal and external stakeholders via multimedia channels. Analytics will be used to help gauge effectiveness and modify and tailor content for target audiences.
The position will work closely with other communications and web team members and cross-functional teams to develop content for two newly launched websites, assist with brand management, manage workflow to oversee content from development to publishing, track and measure effectiveness using analytics, and find ways to market content and engage audiences. This position will focus on user needs while delivering uniform and consistent messages.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, English, mass communications, or new media preferred. Experience in the legal field a plus. Experience in front-end web development, digital content strategy, website content management systems (experience with Dru pal CMS a plus), and Google Analytics. Minimum of five years of experience in communications, public relations, or publicity work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of methods of planning, writing, editing, and publishing
- Demonstrated experience in writing "plain language" content
- Demonstrated experience in writing content for social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedln, etc.)
- Must possess professional polish and ability to work with a variety of coworkers across agencies, with a strong sense of decorum, collaboration, and customer service
- Must possess strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to create image content for web and social media sites
- Ability to capture high-quality photographs a plus
- Must possess energetic and enthusiastic outlook
- Considerable project management and organizational skills, although project management certification is not required
- Ability to balance work on several projects at a time
- Provide training to employees about writing for the web
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Ability to write according to correct English usage and accepted standards for magazine and press publications (Associated Press and/ or Chicago Manual style)
- Ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to uphold governance and best practices
- Ability to understand the back-end design of web-based systems to make sound decisions on how to add new content within an existing information architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of creative design software products (Adobe Creative Suite, such as Photoshop, lnDesign, Illustrator) a plus.
- Take photos, create and edit images, and create videos using on line video-making tools. (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro experience helpful) (use of online tools such as Animoto, or Vyond very helpful)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary