Java Developer/ Architect (Oracle backend)
• Experienced as a Developer / Architect on at least (2) full life cycle project iteration:
• Designing and developing large scale architectures consisting of distributed services and applications executing in UNIX based Java/Web applications and using Java EE with Oracle as the primary DB.
• Good understanding of Oracle structures for processing and performance based applications
• Thorough understanding of advanced SQL programming and performance techniques. (e.g., ability to write and troubleshoot anonymous SQL blocks and stored procedures and author complex SQL for troubleshooting and production purposes). PL/SQL.
• Candidate should be proficient in authoring quality SQL which takes advantage of Oracle performance features and facilities.
• Proficiency in using and navigating in UNIX. This should include intermediate to advanced Unix commands, understanding directory structures, permissions schemes and the ability to piece together useful tools from basic Unix commands. Advanced in developing new and modifying existing shell scripts.
• Proficiency in Korn Shell.
• Strong Java programming skills including the development and analysis of Java classes, E18's, MDB's, JMS. Should also understand how to create a complete Java or J2EE application including all supporting configuration components for deployment (.EAR, , WAR., CLASSPATH, Deployment Descriptors etc.).
• Good understanding of standard SDLC methodologies
• Experience with any of the following is a PLUS:
o Background in accounting and /or budgeting packages
o IBM Rational Application Developer
o IBM WebSphere 8.5 + (proficient in WAS interaction with apps)
o Rational Clearquest, Rational Clearcase, BMC Remedy