Lead TIBCO Engineer
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
In support of Fannie Mae’s Messaging/Shared Services Engineering team, the Lead TIBCO Engineer will be responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and administration of our TIBCO BW/EMS and IBM MQ product solutions. You will help with the crafting the overall direction and implementation of TIBCO messaging solutions which includes Integration analysis and Performance tuning of the BW/EMS stack of applications. You will provide input into technical infrastructure design for achieving high scalability of TIBCO Integrations. Monitor integration implementation progress and resolve dependencies and issues. Take corrective action on exceptions as they occur, to ensure alignment with overall project plan.
- Act as an Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME), in partnering with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Provide technical guidance to engineering team in the implementation of enterprise application integration solutions encompassing afore mentioned products’ based solutions.
- Conduct architecture, design, code reviews to comply with best practices, standards and factors including extensibility, maintainability, security and performance.
- Assess existing architecture/design and recommend improvements/ re-factoring.
- Troubleshoot issues and coordinate resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams.
- Lead, mentor and coach to team members to adopt best practices, standards and processes.
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- At the highest level of technical complexity, design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Develop operational model to maintain and operate the application design, including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Performs required performance tuning and maintenance. Conduct performance measurement and establish updated baseline measures and propose optimized configuration
- Extensive hands-on experience as a Tibco Administrator/Engineer
- Expertise with TIBCO SOA Product Suite (EMS, BusinessEvents, BusinessWorks, Hawk, Administrator, BW adapters/plugins, etc.)
- Deep understanding of EMS architecture and memory management
- Experience working on various integration design patterns like Publish/Subscribe, Request/Reply, SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Programming/Script tools: Java, Shell, Python
- Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Understanding of CI/CD tools like Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus or similar
- Hands-on automation solutions to address common operations, infrastructure and governance activities
- Experience working in a fast paced agile development environment
- Demonstrate an intellectual curiosity to learn new tools and technology
- Experience working on migrating or deploying on-premise message-oriented-middleware products in cloud infrastructure like AWS
- AWS Cloud experience and certification (Development and SysOps)
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure related to Messaging Middleware products
- Experience or exposure to Cloud native messaging products
- Experience with IBM WebSphere MQ
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
20% or higher
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Manager of Messaging and Shared Services Engineering
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Tech Lead level experience (we can't use a mid-level or recent senior). We need someone who is already in Tech Lead/SME level Extensive hands-on experience as a Tibco Administrator/Engineer Expertise with TIBCO SOA Product Suite (EMS, BusinessEvents, BusinessWorks, Hawk, Administrator, BW adapters/plugins, etc.) Deep understanding of EMS architecture and memory management Experience working on various integration design patterns like Publish/Subscribe, Request/Reply, SOAP and RESTful web services.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
AWS or experience moving products to the cloud