Project Lead System Engineer (Middleware)
- Lead cross functional teams through system processes.
- Provide technical and strategic support for the server systems and applications residing on these servers.
- Support end users and monitor system usage/performance.
- Responsible for backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, patching, process automation writing programs, server installation/configuration and ignite configuration.
- Perform duties for third-party application design, integration, support, installations, and configurations.
- Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs.
- Act as a resource for resolving complex problems.
- Act as the go-to person to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for evaluation, design, and integration of all enhancements or new releases of the system.
- Identify and implement process/procedural improvements.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of related experience. Individual to provide planning, engineering and support of Middleware Integration platforms. Ability to implement new technology solutions and lead team projects. Ability to solve complex problems in area of expertise and mentor team members so that they can expand their skill sets. Proven people skills and ability to represent the team in cross functional IT meetings.
Strong background in scripting i.e.; Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go
Linux engineer background
Storage administration experience i.e.; Netapp, Ceph, persistent storage in PAAS environment
Experience with Scrum/Sprints and as part of a Kanban team
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Manager, Information Technology
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of related experience. Kubernetes experience Container experience Strong background in scripting i.e.; Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go Linux engineer background DBA background Storage administration experience i.e.; Netapp, Ceph, persistent storage in PAAS environment Experience with Scrum/Sprints and as part of a Kanban team
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Why Centene? Because the work we do matters. When you join Centene, you’re joining a team of focused, driven individuals all working together to serve the underserved. We assist more than 12 million members through government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on the under-insured and uninsured. In our fast-paced and ever-changing environment, we share an unwavering commitment to helping those who need it the most by working tirelessly to improve health outcomes. That’s why we listen to innovative ideas and give all of our people the support and development opportunities they need. This is where you’ll grow, learn, and be challenged every day. We’re working to transform the health of every community, one person at a time.
Mandatory Recruiter Notes
All agencies must provide the details below within their recruiter notes in order to submit a candidate:
Availability date to start a new role:
Due to the recent Pay Equity regulations mandate you are prohibited to share a candidate's current/prior salary details via in states the mandate is in effect.
Job Status: Full Time