Duties / Responsibilities:
Support the One Stop modernization and other related strategic sub-projects, including but not limited to:
- Act as the key project manager or technical lead for assigned IT projects.
- Monitor project schedule and task completion, mentor staff, and coordinate with business stakeholders to meet agreed to project schedules, budget, and technical requirements.
- Provide strategic guidance and input to the supported One Stop management team for licensing-related technology initiatives.
- Work closely with department leaders to ensure projects are in alignment with the procurement plan, IT master plan, data governance and security plans, and the objectives and goals in those plans.
Provide technical services, including but not limited to:
- Provide project management and coordination for all technology initiatives, to include status reports, project plan updates, and required project documentation.
- Develop and maintain project implementation and configuration management guidelines and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with department leadership, One Stop sponsors and other team members involved in pertinent tasks and issues.
Provide team management and administration tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conduct periodic staff meetings and maintain effective communication links with the One Stop team through individual verbal discussion, web-ex, and e-mail regarding team project goals and initiatives.
- Encourage team technical skills development and improvements through continuing education, training seminars, and workshops.
- Foster a team environment and atmosphere to grow team cohesiveness.
- Ensure tasks are completed by One Stop team members and contracted service providers according to schedule and meets or exceeds expectations, taking steps to consistently optimize performance.
- Develop and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences with particular emphasis placed upon skills in developing and presenting to executive leadership.
- Recruit units to participate in the One Stop program, with an emphasis on overcoming internal and external resistance to change.
The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the Agile Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts. The PM should be responsible for coordinating and submitting all required Major IT project documentation posted on the client's website.
Act, on behalf of client, as the Project/Contract Manager representative for any issued contracts and work orders; reviewing deliverables and providing recommendations for improved performance. Upon request the PM will also review time sheets, develop statements of work (SOW) and provide acceptance for invoice and work order approvals for assigned tasks.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary