To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Food Science or related field and 5+ years’ experience in the food industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science and meat processing, SPC and statistics; preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of USDA, FSIS, HACCP, and SSOP requirements.
- Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software; QMS system and SAP.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
The Job Req doesn’t list the range but I believe it tops out around $100K. Current QA Managers make $85 - $95K