SAP Variant Configurations Specialist
Business Data Analyst
The Business Data Analyst will play a pivotal role in our Warrendale Manufacturing Factory Team with the implementation of SAP Variant Configuration programming. Responsibilities will include the interpretation of cross-functional Product Requirements to establish the interface of Sales Configuration input to SAP-CRM and ECC through Variant Configuration control.
This position is a vital part of the global Product Data Management group which is responsible for the Release / Revision Control of Design Documentation and Material Data for all Omnicell Products. Working with functions across the company, Product Data Management provides interactive support for New Product Release and Design Enhancement processes while maintaining the highest levels of Data Integrity.
In order to work effectively as a Business Data Analyst, this position is expected to:
Set-up and manage validation of SAP Variant Configurator Data
· Understanding of Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering and Production requirements and ability to translate them by the design of Variant Configuration Rules, Algorithms and Object Dependencies.
· Create and maintain Characteristics, Values, Classes, and Object Dependencies to be used with each Configurable Material or Universal BOM.
· Understanding of SAP Material Master Data requirements required to build and use Variant Configuration knowledge base.
· Troubleshoot & debug Variant Configuration Master Data issues.
· Understanding of Variant Configurator interactions with other SAP Modules such as Material Management (MM), Sales & Distribution (SD), Finance & Controlling (FICO) and Production Planning (PP).
· Implement regular Product Configuration Version releases through ECO submissions and requirements of the Product Marketing organization.
Coordinate and implement Transfer of ECO Controlled Data & Variant Configuration Master Data from SAP Test environments to SAP Production environments
· Transfers carried out by Application Link Enabling (ALE) and manual entry
· Complete Data Conflict corrections and Root Cause analysis of any errors
Provide support for Sales and Production Order Error Correction and Root Cause analysis.
· Work within Omnicell’s ECO, SAP Quotation and Sales & Production Order processes to ensure data accuracy and timely processing of changes.
Required Knowledge and Skills :
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
· Understanding of setup and use of the SAP Variant Configuration, Finance & Controlling, Sales & Distribution, Material Management and Production Modules.
· Knowledge and experience in SAP Variant Configuration R3/System, Applications Link Enabling (ALE) and
Master Data Tables & Business Processes
· Familiarity of Advanced Business Application Programming (SAP ABAP)
· Knowledge of and experience with SAP CRM & ECC integration with external Sales Configurator
· Ability to balance changing priorities within a fast-paced team environment
· Commitment to the Quality and Continuous Improvement requirements of Omnicell
· Knowledge of Industry Standards for Product Configuration and Documentation practices
· Reliable, detail oriented employee who can be counted on to complete complex assignments with the highest degree of accuracy
· Associates Degree
· 2 or more years of work experience in a Material Planning or Production Control function.
· 2 or more years of SAP Variant Configuration & Material Master Data experience.
Occasional work outside of regular business hours
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Sr. Manager Document Control
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
1. Associates Degree or higher 2. 2+ years of work experience in a Material Planning or Production Control function. 3. 2+ years of SAP Variant Configuration & Material Master Data experience.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Position will be based out of a growing facility in Warrendale, PA. www.omnicellbenefits.com
Job Status: Full Time