Sr Engineer, Information Security
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- As part of the Global Information Security team, you will support TransUnion Interactive (TUI). The TUI product suite includes TransUnion Credit Monitoring and ID Theft Protection—products that help our customers monitor critical changes in their credit by assisting them with debt analysis, identity theft protection features, and money management tools.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ Years of experience in a Cyber Security Role, expert level knowledge of Linux and Windows environments
- Proven ability to operate and engineer networking technologies and their security components
- Proficiency and hands on experience with network and host based security technologies
- Hands on experience with industry leading SIEM tools , also hands on experience with basic Cyber landscape tools, IDS, IPS, DDOS Mitigation, WAF, proxy, etc.
- Prior experience in providing daily operational support of security infrastructure. Work collaboratively with other team members and with external information security vendors to identify advanced threats and prevent compromise
We’d love to see:
- Security + or similar base security certifications
- Strong scripting skills
- Familiarity with DPI and packet analysis
- Familiarity with application security methods
Impact you’ll make:
- Investigate security technologies for potential deployment in TransUnion environments
- Perform security testing and vulnerability assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses in our multiple environments, also assess the effectiveness of existing security controls, and recommend remedial action
- Following the guidance of the Information Assurance Team, develop strategies and plans to comply with industry security requirements and address identified risks
- Work with other product teams to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments
- Be directly involved with incident management and response activities. If required, assist in triage, response and mitigation, post mortem analyses, and forensic analyses
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Manager, Secruity control
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
5+ Years of experience in a Cyber Security Role, expert level knowledge of Linux and Windows environments Hands on experience with industry leading SIEM tools , also hands on experience with basic Cyber landscape tools, IDS, IPS, DDOS Mitigation, WAF, proxy, etc. Proficiency and hands on experience with network and host based security technologies
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Security + or similar base security certifications Strong scripting skills Familiarity with DPI and packet analysis Familiarity with application security methods
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Strong Growing Company
TransUnion expressly prohibits the posting of its jobs externally.
Job Status: Full Time